Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Anecdotal

So I've pretty much determined that I suck at the anecdote. I probably spent too many years in college solving differential equations than practicing my bit. I usually go for painful puns or bad one-liners.

This is all quite unfortunate because 90% of conversation today is made up of amusing (or not-so-amusing) little stories. You know the type: "so I was buying some captain crunch at the supermarket yesterday when I bumped into my old gym teacher from 4th grade..." and so on until the story builds to a knee-slapping apex: " ...and so that's why all monkeys are now left-handed!"

See what I mean? I need some serious help, folks.

3 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd be glad to tutor you as i am clearly the master of the anecdote

 
At 8/11/2005 9:38 AM, Blogger i am cam said...

i always enjoy your painful puns and bad one-liners.
by the way, i did read your blog yesterday. but it wasn't updated. i enjoyed today's posts.

 
At 8/11/2005 10:30 AM, Blogger j-lay said...

eric is the master. btw, i too have trouble with this, but i think blogging will help in my development.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home