Thursday, July 21, 2005

The "Khakis Refresh"

Since we were unable to play our first softball game due to the lack of female participation, I decided it was finally time to do the yearly "khakis refresh". All you cube-dwellers and techno-geeks of corporate america know what I'm talking about. They only last so long.

And, the ultimate cube-dwellers only go for the classic, no-wrinkle, pleated, Levis Dockers. Yes, you heard me correctly: pleated.


So I went to the nearest generic-but-not-quite-ghetto-yet mall where they have a JCPenny's. Unfortuately, I had to bump up the waistline by an inch this year. Although dark colors are prefered, I am at the mercy of availability. So the three pairs that I bought are in the three colors that they had in my size. Us cube-dweller geeks do not especially care about color, just pleats.

There are a few of my fellow cubies that try to break the mold and go with the stylish flat-front. These guys also tend to buy shirts with stripes that go diagonally or use hair product. Sell-outs. They are denying who they are. Be proud! wear plaid! be PLEATED!!!

7 Comments:

At 7/21/2005 3:36 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

they should go work with eric.

 
At 7/25/2005 9:02 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

i think pleats can be sexy

 
At 7/25/2005 10:11 AM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

although the falt-front makes me look a bit fatter, i cannot bring myslef to by pleated pants.

 
At 7/25/2005 7:32 PM, Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

i can't hold out any longer. i have to comment.

please say no to pleats.

although i do not think less of men who wear pleats.

but let's just say the pleated skirt went out of style for a reason. even girls won't wear pleats anymore....

 
At 7/25/2005 8:30 PM, Blogger BU said...

hmmm, sexy huh?

I know you are not going to believe this, but in my mad rush to leave the store, one of the pairs I bought was actually flat-front instead of pleated. It's not worth the trip back to the mall so I guess I'll try them out.

My problem with flat front is not that it makes me look fatter, but that it makes me look skinnier. And, apparently, less sexy.

 
At 7/26/2005 8:21 PM, Blogger The Cynical Tyrant said...

NO! flat front is sexy!!

embrace flat.

 
At 7/27/2005 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm visibly shaken... i'm having trouble typing. i can't continue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home