Monday, June 27, 2005

The Slippery Slope

All last week and probably all of this week, I have/will be eating breakfast for dinner. I realize that the fat and cholesterol in sausage and eggs is probably one of the worst things you can eat (other than just sitting down with a bucket of lard and a spoon). But I like it. And last I checked, my cholesterol level wasn't very high.

I think that all that cholesterol level stuff is mostly genetic anyway. Yes, yes, you need to exercise and all that, but I know this guy from Iowa that grew up with the practice of putting BUTTER on his donuts. I was amazed. As if they didn't have enough grease to start with. And where did he learn it from? His parents. Where did they learn it from? His grandparents. His grandparents happen to be in their nineties with no heart problems whatsoever. Probably ate Iowa pork every day for decades.

So, just to be on the safe side, I threw in some pancakes to balance out the meal.

3 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 6:54 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

yum. i like having breakfast for dinner at cracker barrel.

and it's not just about genetics.

 
At 6/28/2005 7:01 AM, Blogger LukeMiller said...

breakfast for dinner is always a good time. this notion is primarily fueled by my love for bacon.

and yes, if a patron can prove themself worthy, they may check books out of the sj library.

 
At 6/29/2005 4:21 PM, Blogger j-lay said...

mmmmm.....breakfast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home