Sunday, March 19, 2006

anger management

You know, I like to bash the megachurches just like everyone else, but I actually learned a lot recently from a certain megachurch pastor's webcast series. I learned fairly early in life to try to believe that I can learn something from anyone-- no matter how small.

Anger has always been a difficult issue to wrap my brain around-- mostly because of my family. But you know, at some point, I just have to look at my family objectively and realize that even though I've been heavily influenced by them (good or bad), it's ultimately myself who is responsible for my own behavior.

So I was encouraged to hear said pastor teach about the causes of anger and the constructive and destructive uses of anger in our lives from a christian perspective. Growing up, I don't think I can remember one sermon where it was preached that anger could even possibly be constructive. And I don't think I had too many life experiences of anger that were constructive either. And so I did what any good bible-believer does: wallow in repression, guilt and sulking. Later in life, I realized that this can't be good, but I'm still trying to work it out. And so, some of these webcasts resonated with me.

Anyway, keep an open mind and check these out: 1 2 3 4

But don't worry, I won't be leaving my church to go to the megachurch. There's not much difference anyway between watching it online or watching it theatre-style on a big screen at a "satellite" franchise. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home